Our Aims and Vision
At Northlands Wood Primary Academy, we believe that all our children should be able to be healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve, make a positive contribution and be prepared to achieve economic well-being.
Therefore, we want our school to be a place where:-
- everyone feels safe, cared for and included;
- all children are equipped with the knowledge and skills to choose a healthy, active lifestyle;
- expectations are high, both collectively and individually;
- all children are given the skills and opportunities to be independent and collaborative learners in a happy, structured, stimulating environment;
- teachers provide school days that excite, challenge and motivate each child;
- rules are simple, fair, understood and consistent;
- everyone is mutually valued and respected regardless of gender, race, age, religion or ability;
- goals and targets are clearly defined and explained and achievements are celebrated;
- we prepare all our children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life and equip them to achieve the highest standards possible in everything they do.
Our ethos, 'Together we learn and grow', underpins the importance of our school community, everyone working and learning together - children, parents/carers, staff and governors - to ensure our children fulfil their potential.