Northlands Wood Primary Academy - Deputy Headteacher
(Required for September 2018)
Pay scale: L7-L11 Currently £45,738 - £50,476 (NOR 361)
Northlands Wood Primary Academy, part of the Sussex Learning Trust, is looking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher to join our dedicated, committed and innovative team. The successful candidate will operate as a non-class based Deputy and will initially be responsible for supporting the development of teaching and learning and other school wide issues.
The Deputy Headteacher works closely with the Headteacher to provide vision, leadership and direction for the academy and ensures that the school is managed and organised to meet the aims and values which have been established by all stakeholders.
To achieve this the Deputy Headteacher will:
- Work alongside the Headteacher to provide professional leadership and management of the academy;
- Work alongside the Headteacher to evaluate academy performance and identify priorities for continuous improvement;
- Work alongside the Headteacher to improve the quality of learning and teaching for all pupils, raising standards and improving pupil achievement;
- Develop a successful learning culture that promotes excellence, equality and high expectations to enable every child to achieve their potential;
- Act as a leading professional in and beyond the classroom who leads by example, modelling excellent practice, exhibiting high standards of professional conduct and encouraging the professional development of others;
- Be an active participant in all aspects of school life;
- Work alongside the Headteacher to ensure that the school provide a safe environment that promotes the welfare of the children and the whole community;
- Deputise for the Headteacher in his absence;
- Undertake any professional duties of the Headteacher reasonably delegated by the Headteacher or Governing Body.
At Northlands Wood Primary Academy we are known for our innovative approach and we value CPD very highly.
If you are looking for role that will challenge and test your skillset and you would like to be considered for this post, please download an application pack, see below (also available on our school’s website www.northlandswood.co.uk Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions, please contact our school office for assistance or to arrange a tour/visit on 01444 455653.
Northlands Wood Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to DBS checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Visit Dates: Friday 9th February or Tuesday 20th February (please call to arrange a time)
Closing Date: 10.00am on Wednesday 21st February 2018
Interview Date: Wednesday 28th February 2018
Click here for general information pack.
Click here for an application form.